Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 The Next Step

For a lot of people, 2016 was a stressy year and most people are glad to see it go, on to 2017 and brighter days.
I am in the middle of my second year as a PhD Student, I have a vibrant and wonderful four year old, I turned forty and my husband and I have decided that it is time to get healthier. I am not starting from scratch, I walk/run two miles a day at least and I try to eat healthy, but the eat healthy part has waned significantly over the past year thanks to commuting to a city 88 miles away for school, working, and just getting by day to day. The plan, to clear out the house of bad food and start over... Fresh, healthy, no junk.  Does this mean you dont have a snack or treats no.... but it means trying to be healthier as I get older, get more energy, and teach this awesome little toddler to be healthy from the get go. 

Our chosen activity is hiking.  We have started out slow... using Christmas/ Birthday money for hiking gear and scoping out places that are not far from the house that we can explore with Aiden.  He loves the outdoors anyway.  

We started today with Rocky Bayou State Park

Rocky Bayou State Park                


In the park we walked two different mile long trails and enjoyed it.  4.5 miles later and we felt super refreshed, winded, but in a great mood.  So we are going to try to keep it up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment