Thursday, March 16, 2017

What's the Goal

The news out of Washington seems bleak if you are someone who works in the Arts and Humanities or if you are old and poor. Apparently the Trump Administration's idea of a sound fiscal budget is....

-defunding the National Endowment for the Arts
-defunding the National Endowment for the Humanities
-slashing funds to the Environmental Protection Agency
and...

cutting programs like Meals on Wheels

oh... and have you seen the new healthcare bill that basically says if you are over 64... don't get sick.


And according to New York Magazine, Trump knows it...




I have family and friends who benefit from many of these programs and to see them at risk upsets me. What is more, I have dedicated my entire academic career to the Humanities and I believe that these things are important to cultural development and social stability.

Now... speaking of being ignorant of culture and history...

Former Governor Mike Huckabee takes the Steve King award for racist and insensitive comments of the week.... Holy Crap... he is talking about the Trail of Tears here...that is what Jackson ignored, the  Supreme Court Judgment that essentially stated that stealing the land from the Cherokee was illegal. 

Way to go Mike, way to adult today.


It is like 29 degrees outside and my allergies are killing me, I cannot handle the dumb today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment